Post  Faelni on Sun May 22, 2011 4:05 pm

Character Name: Ezrae Talresh

Theme Music: Doubt - Blue StaHli

Sex: Female

Race: Human

Birth Year: 8:97 Blessed

Birth Place: Kirkwall

Appearance:
Standing at a height of around 5'6", Ezrae carries herself with a youthful, fair skinned yet intimidating visage. Rarely one to smile, her piercing, unnatural looking turquoise eyes tend to put other people on edge. Her brown hair is about shoulder length, and around her neck she wears a tribal-looking necklace that bears the skull of a raven. Ezrae's usual style of clothing consists of long black robes styles similarly to a gown, with frayed shoulder straps and crosshatched material to partially cover her cleavage, which she keeps unusually clean despite her usual residence in unclean, more poverty stricken places and villages in order to avoid detection. This may be due to the fact that she often wears a tattered brown hooded cloak over this in order to better mask herself when in public places.

Class: Mage

Specializations: Entropy, Spirit

Favored skills:
Weakness Spells (Entropy) - Ezrae has a keen understanding of how to implement weakness itself, and has an array of spells meant to debilitate and weaken. She will often use these as a first strike, though not always.

Draining Spells (Entropy/Spirit) - Ezrae focuses her mana into leeching the life of victim's, slowly draining them of spiritual energy until death if given the chance to do so for long enough. She also knows the use of spells such as Death Syphon, which allows her to absorb the residual mana from the dead.

Nightmare Spells (Entropy) - Perhaps Ezrae's most favorite types of spells are those that induce visions upon the victim, specifically the horrific sort of visions that can put a man on his knees. These types are also extremely effective if cast upon a sleeping target.

Spiritual Poison (Spirit) - Another favorite type of spell of Ezrae's is a sort of spiritual poison into a victim by use of magic. The most prominent effect is excruciating pain. Though not enough to kill unless the target is severely weakened, the pain it causes will often leave a target vulnerable.

Advantages:
Educated - Being of noble birth originally, and later studying during her time within the Ferelden Circle of Magi, Ezrae is a well educated and intelligent woman. Even now, living in Ferelden she understands regional cultures and can more easily blend in among the populace thanks to this.

Followers - Ezrae is an influential and charismatic figure and as such has some who follow her cause. (If this is acceptable I will add a mini bio here for these NPCs and possibly a few notable ones, though I may leave the latter part out in case others wish to play as part of this group. )

Disadvantages:
Paranoid Delusions - Possibly from being an escaped mage from the circle, or due to a betrayal in her life, but whatever the case, Ezrae has developed a sense of paranoid delusion. Despite the fact that her followers are mostly loyal, she nevertheless keeps a very, very close eye on them, never allowing herself to fully trust them no matter how useful they prove to be.

Weapons/Armor:
Ezrae's main weapon is her mage's staff, and a particularly brutal example of one at that. The staff part is black and dark gray and fitted with a sharp spear-like point at the bottom tip. The top is fitted with a blade in the shape of a hook. It is moderately effective in fending off attackers however the real threat is the hook itself. Opponents who are unlucky enough to find their heads caught on the inside of the hook are at the mercy of the wielder, for a simple forward thrust is all that is needed to impale the opponent's throat thanks to the sharpened edge on the inside. The staff is named Devuura and imbued with Ezrae's unique brand of corrosive spirit magic. While not as damaging as a direct attack from a spirit staff might be, the weakening magic that radiates off of it can be very effective.

Background:
Ezrae Talresh was born to a minor noble family in Kirkwall in 8:97 Blessed Age, living out a fairly normal childhood in Hightown. A smart girl, she came to question many things even at a young age, in particular the teachings of the chantry. While she did not reject them outright, she was skeptical, believing that the idea of "the less the maker is seen the more he is proven," to be questionable at best. It wasn't until the age of 13 that Ezrae discovered her talents through an accident that nearly burned down the family home. Her noble parents attempted to cover up the incident but already suspicions were abound. Ezrae's trust was shattered when she was told she would be sent to the Gallows.

The girl reacted violently and openly attacked her father with magic that she had very little control over as of yet. Though the attack did not succeed in taking the man's life it left him with a rather nasty burn. Fearful for both their own safety and that of their child if the templars found out about the attempt on the father's life, the family resolved to send her away. Two days later Ezrae Talresh was packed into a ship headed for Ferelden, and a few weeks after that she found herself in the Circle Tower at Lake Calenhad. It didn't matter. To her, it might as well have been that she was sent to the Gallows. The circle here was no different in her mind than it was anywhere else, and as such, her ability to trust never truly healed.

Nevertheless, being in the Circle helped her to come into her power. She honed her magical talent with the aid of the enchanters. And with the aid of her feminine charms she also discovered that getting what she wanted from others could be as simple as a well placed smile. Over the next fifteen years her talent - both in magic and manipulation - swelled, though Ezrae herself had grown discontent. The anger that had been supressed since arriving here as a scared fourteen year old girl resurfaced once more at the age of 29. She began to undermine efforts of the senior enchanters and templars to control her studies, manipulating others into taking the fall and always managing to maintain her innocence. But even this wasn't enough. Ezrae wanted to leave the circle far behind.

Months passed, and Ezrae bided her time, manipulating a few other mages into seeing things her way. In the dead of night the lot of them stormed the Circle doors, and in the confusion Ezrae slipped away while those she swayed into helping her were slaughtered by templars. She cared nothing for them in reality, and so their deaths caused very little sadness, if any at all. Ezrae fled South into the Kocari Wilds. She eventually found a tribe of Wilders, and though the confrontation almost cost her life, a display of her talent caused the tribals to back down.

She spent the next three years moving with the tribe and honing her talents. Now out of the circle, she spent some time learning martial talents with a staff to defend herself in extreme circumstances as well and was eventually presented with the stave that she carries to this day. When the blight came, Ezrae fled north, deep into the Brecilian Forest and waited out the year. The tribe of Chasind she was with disbanded and scattered, though many chose to remain with Ezrae. When the blight passed, Ezrae began to put her plans for the future into motion. Confident enough now in her skill, she sought to put an end to the Chantry and the Circle of Magi, and in their weakened state she believed she could finally do so. She had no intention of helping other mages, however, whether they would believe in her cause or not. This was for herself.

Ezrae wanted to watch them all burn.

Personality:
Ezrae is devoted to herself. She is narcissistic, spiteful, and suffers from minor paranoid delusions thanks to her more recent "career" as what she coins a subversive revolutionary. Being a mage, she harbors a special hatred templar and chantry alike, which only worsened during her brief stay within the Ferelden Circle of Magi. That said, even as a revolutionary she is not seeking the freedom of mages, specifically. Ezrae cares little for the plight of other mages, choosing to focus instead on the much larger picture. It is of course no secret however that revenge plays a part in her schemes. Ezrae would like nothing more than to watch the chantry and the templars burn.

Her true goals aside, Ezrae can be charismatic when she needs to be in order to convince others to aid her, whether this be unknowing to her true intent or not. This has helped her in gaining the assistance of some desperate mages, though as of yet her appeal has attracted little else, save the occasional assassin or thief. She will often play as if she is in some kind of distress. She has even gone so far as to lure templars after her, and then seek out assistance in order to test the mettle of some of Ferelden's more mage sympathetic lot. It is almost as if it is a game, a game in which Ezrae is very patient. She is a predator, patiently waiting for any opportunity, though she does not hesitate when said opportunity presents itself.

Last edited by Faelni on Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:16 pm; edited 9 times in total
Faelni
Ser Posts-A-Lot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ezrae Talresh

Post  Halinu on Mon May 23, 2011 1:04 pm

I am really enjoying the brutal feel I'm getting from her already. The hooked staff is a very nice touch. She really comes off as an ends justifies the means sort of person. I'm not totally sure if that's what you're going for but I like her so far! I can't wait to see the rest of the app! Also I know I'm a broken record but I love your detail so much!

As for the followers, I would say leave them anonymous for now. They are assumed to exist and when needed, they can drop grapes into her mouth. XD It also gives her a chance to try to recruit fellow RP characters to her cause. Would you also be open to the idea of people being able to apply to be her minions? I suppose this is what you meant about that sect or faction, right?

Edit: Also love love love the theme song! :D

Last edited by Halinu on Sat May 28, 2011 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Halinu
The Mod of Many Mages

View user profile http://bloodandashes.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Faelni on Tue May 24, 2011 4:26 pm

Woohoo, the unfinished sections have been completed!

Yeah, that is essentially what I had in mind. Either applying for it or just playing it out through roleplay I guess, I hadn't really thought of any official way for peeps to side with her.
Faelni
Ser Posts-A-Lot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Halinu on Sat May 28, 2011 12:31 am

It's always nice to see a more villainous character!

APPROVED!
Halinu
The Mod of Many Mages

View user profile http://bloodandashes.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum